1998 Peugeot “Team Festina Replica”
This came in as a donation to the local coop. it was dirty , missing seatpost/seat and the Headset was destroyed. luckily the softer aluminum headset threads got destroyed and the fork threads were in great shape still. The wheels were completely wrong as they were 6 speed Freewheel ones and this would have had a 8 Speed Campagnolo Freehub setup.
- Seattube: 60cm
- toptube: 59cm
- Sizes Available 51,54,56,58,60 cm
- Stampings: Y80556564
- Barcode: t: ZVI6000UDE601C9, b: 710121736866
- Frame Material: Pechiney 5086 Aluminum Aviatube
- Color: Blue/White Team-Color (Blue to White Fade)
- Crank: Campagnolo Avanti 170mm
- Chainrings: 52/42
- Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Mirage 8 Speed
- Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Veloce
- Brakes: Campagnolo Avanti (Dual Pivot)
- Shifter/Brake Levers: Campagnolo Mirage 8 Speed
- Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Mirage (Sealed Bearing ISO Thread)
- Headset: OE: Miche Now:Campagnolo Athena (JIS Thread)
- Handlebars: ITM Europa
- Stem: ITM Italimumbai (date:10/97)
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Seatpost Clamp: “TBD”
- Saddle: OE: Selle Italia XO (?)
- Wheels: OE: Vuelta Rodi Airline 2 Now: TBD
- Hubs: OE: Miche Now: TBD
- Tires: OE: Vittoria Competition Roma 22, Now: TBD
- Spokes: TBD
- Cassette: TBD
- MSRP: £650 (UK)
The bike got fully disassembled. the wrong wheels were pulled off and set aside. I will find another set of wheels that are compatible. along with the seatpost and Seat. also a replacement Headset.
I dont plan on restoring this bike to box stock as i just dont think its worth it at this time. although i will try to keep as much of the original parts as i can on the bike.
All the parts got a initial clean up in the parts washer and the frame got a good scrubbing. I used a Frame Alignment guage and realigned the Rear drop outs.