Picked up this 1999 GT Avalanche from the local CO-OP . it was pretty much a frame and Fork with the rear wheel, It was covered in thick green paint. but underneath was the cool H.O.T Green paint.
I got the green paint stripped off of the original paint and graphics. I did the maintenance on the period upgrade fork, the Rock Shock SID Race. the rear wheel that came with the frame, was a nice Mavic unit with Shimano XTR hubs.
I had recently before picked up some Magura Race Line D, so i figured that the neon yellow brakes would be a good addition to this green GT.
I finished up the rebuild with the following components
- Frame: Gt 7005 Aluminum
- Fork: Rock Shock SID (2000)
- Brakes: Magura Raceline D
- Cassette: 9 Speed Shimano XTR 12/32
- Cranks: Truvativ 1x setup 36t
- Front Wheel: Rolf Dolomite
- Handlebar: GT Riser
- Pedals: GT Platform
- Rear Derailieur: Shimano XTR
- Rear Wheel: Mavic/Shimano XTR
- Seat: GT Wood Grain Texture
- Seat Post: 27.2mm Race Face
- Shifter: Shimano LX 9 Speed
- Stem: GT Black